Publicado: Jue, Noviembre 08, 2018
Global | Por Milagro Delgado

Saudis sent experts to remove evidence of Khashoggi's killing, Turkey says

Saudis sent experts to remove evidence of Khashoggi's killing, Turkey says

Khashoggi was murdered inside the consulate on October 2, Turkey has said, but Saudi Arabia only allowed Turkish police to finally search the consulate on October 15.

Speaking to reporters in Tokyo, Mevlut Cavusoglu added that it was Saudi Arabia's responsibility to tell Turkey what happened to Mr. Khashoggi's body, according to Anadolu news agency.

On Monday, a Turkish official said that at least two members of a team that Saudi Arabia sent to investigate Khashoggi's killing were actually there to cover it up.

That's because the defense contractor is an arms supplier to Saudi Arabia, whose regime, led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, is suspected of being responsible for the heinous and extrajudicial killing of Khashoggi, a Saudi critic.

On Friday, Yasin Aktay, an adviser to Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and reportedly a friend of Khashoggi's, told the newspaper Hurriyet that the journalist's body had been dissolved after the murder.

Describing the Saudi bombing of a school bus in Yemen that killed 51 people as "a horror show", US President Donald Trump admitted that Riyadh's misuse of weapons supplied by America was the cause of death.

The official, who was not authorised to comment on the record and spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the dispatch of the two men to Turkey "suggests that Khashoggi's slaying was within the knowledge of top Saudi officials".

Choque de aviones en Canadá deja un muerto
Se espera que los investigadores de la Junta de Seguridad en el Transporte (TSB, por sus siglas en inglés) investiguen. El segundo avión fue desviado al aeropuerto de Ottawa y aterrizó de manera segura entre las 10:30 y las 10:45 am.

The spy ring was said to be run by Saud al-Qahtani, Crown Prince Mohammad's "thuggish" aide who was demoted after being blamed for the Khashoggi crisis.

Salah and Abdullah Khashoggi said the past weeks had been very hard and full of uncertainty for the entire family, adding that without their father's body, they would be unable to grieve.

Saudi Arabia was judged harshly in a periodic review Monday by the United Nations, and promised a renewed commitment to human rights.

The report said they visited the consulate every day from their arrival on October 11 until October 17.

He gave no details on the status or whereabouts of the 18 Saudi nationals detained in connection with the case and repeatedly declined to answer journalists' questions about them, saying: "The case is still under investigation, as you know.I think my statement was very clear". Ankara says that information will be released once the investigation is finished.

On Saturday, Sabah newspaper, which is close to the Turkish government, said Khashoggi's body - which still hasn't been found - was dismembered and removed from the Saudi Consulate in five suitcases.

Many countries urged Saudi Arabia to introduce a moratorium on the death penalty or to abolish it altogether, and to explicitly ban its use for juvenile offenders.

Me gusta esto: