Publicado: Lun, Agosto 13, 2018
Deportes | Por Godofredo Marrero

Former Brazilian striker Ronaldo Nazario is in intensive care

Former Brazilian striker Ronaldo Nazario is in intensive care

Local newspaper Diario de Ibiza reported that Ronaldo had been taken to hospital with pneumonia.

The 41-year-old is said to have been diagnosed with the illness on Friday night after being rushed to hospital.

A few hours later, according to 'Diario de Ibiza', Ronaldo asked to be released from the public hospital so he could be admitted to the private clinic, Nuestra Señora del Rosario.

At the time, the Brazilian managed to handle the indisposition humorously with his trademark smile via tweet from his hospital bed saying: "Good morning to all those who began the New Year with dengue".

Staff at Can Misses Hospital said they were unable to give out any information for 'data protection reasons'.

Derby County sign Huddersfield Town left-back Scott Malone
Two minutes later, the visitors were in front as Pablo Hernández found Mateusz Klich on the edge of the area. A deft touch and neat turn created the space he needed to fire a left shot past the helpless Derby keeper.

Ronaldo owns a house in Ibiza and is a regular visitor to the island.

He scored 62 goals in 98 appearances for his country and played for some of the top clubs in Europe. Tissue swells, and it can cause coughing and breathing difficulties.

Ronaldo, who was on holiday when he was taken ill, retired from football in 2011 following a hugely successful career that featured stints at PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Brazilian sides Corinthians and Cruzeiro as well as Real Madrid, where he is a club ambassador.

He hit eight goals and scored in every match in Brazil's 2002 World Cup win apart from the quarter-finals en route to lifting the trophy in Japan.

During his glittering career Ronaldo won the FIFA World Player of the Year award three times, in 1996, 1997, and 2002.

Me gusta esto: