Publicado: Lun, Abril 16, 2018
Salud | Por Gertrudes Rodriquez

Why Chibok Girls Release Is Taking Time - PMB

Why Chibok Girls Release Is Taking Time - PMB

In a similar vein, ActionAid Nigeria has expressed solidarity with the families, friends and the Chibok community over the remaining Chibok schoolgirls in Boko Haram captivity.

Meanwhile, the United Nations Children's Fund speaking on the fourth anniversary of abduction disclosed that more than 1,000 children have been abducted by Boko Haram in the North-East since 2013, including 276 Chibok schoolgirls taken from their school on April 14, 2014.

HOPE of rescuing the more than 100 girls still in the captivity of Boko Haram, four years after they were abducted, dimmed on Saturday, after startling revelations that nearly 100 of them had died and about 15 are still alive.

Buhari further said in the statement, "We are concerned and aware that it is taking long to bring the rest of our daughters back home, but be assured that this administration is doing its very best to free the girls from their captors".

Salkida, who said he had spent 13 years of his career researching and reporting the insurgency, added that his " knowledge of this crisis can't be dismissed".

The government also said no such information was provided either by the captors of the Chibok girls or the worldwide intercessors who are working with it.

President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier promised that the remaining Chibok girls in Boko Haram captivity will not be forgotten as long as he remains Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces.

Erdogan: Operation on chemical facilities sends message to Assad
Ankara said chemical weapons attacks that indiscriminately target civilians "constitute crimes against humanity" and should not go unpunished.

The presidential spokesman noted that Salkida was not involved in the process that led to the release of over 100 girls and is also not involved in the current efforts aimed at securing the release of the remaining girls.

Salkida has since refused to reveal the names of the remaining girls, saying that the Nigerian government is supposed to do so. "All press enquirers on the subject should therefore be directed to Mr. Salkida".

He also said the facts as known to officials and the worldwide contacts assisting in the quest to free the remaining Chibok Girls were continuing, adding "and we are not relenting on getting their release".

But he added: "We will continue to persist, and the parents should please not give up". Don't lose faith in this government's ability to fulfill our promise of reuniting you with our daughters.

The Defence Headquarters has reacted to Ahmad Salkida's claim that only 15 of the 113 missing Chibok schoolgirls are still alive. Numerous girls have died as a result of crossfires and bombardments of the security forces that no doubt was intent on rescuing them. My investigations also revealed that they are no longer under the control of #AbubakarShekau.

But the Presidency through the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu last night in Abuja, said that the latest information from Salkida was not known to government.

Me gusta esto: